Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Dark Journey to the Light

I am still on track to write my research paper about the nature of humans as unveiled by the Black Metal subculture. Performing extensive research into this intriguing topic has led my curiosity on a wild journey. It began with the philosophic essays in the Helvete Journal. I began to contemplate my own life and existence through a different lens than I had previously. Having meaningful meditation sessions with myself allowed me to experience certain emotions and feelings that were entirely new to me. I don't know if I would say that I am newly enlightened, but I am comfortable saying that I understand some of the concepts which puzzled me prior to my research. These topics include suicide, self-harm, satanism, and crime. I then read Lords of Chaos which again led me on a wonderful journey of exploration through the culture. The book helped uncover where the concepts originally began and all of the history which sparked the revolution throughout the world. I have really enjoyed writing so far and my analysis of human nature should be very interesting when it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment