Thursday, February 19, 2015

Medical Ethics

For my research paper topic, I chose to do medical ethics. I have always wanted to be a doctor of some kind and am planning to study pre-med in college; therefore, I thought this was a fitting topic for my interests. I am not sure what specifics I am going to focus on yet, but as I continue researching and reading books about the topic, then I will be able to narrow it down more. I am definitely going to try to include the topics of abortion, stem cell research, organ donation, and assisted suicide. These are all very controversial topics, and I am excited to learn more about the philosophical aspects of the debates about each topic.

2 comments:

  1. If I were you, I'd probably choose one topic and go from there. All of the aforementioned topics are very broad and have more debate in them than can be contained in one paper. I am sure that there are plenty of papers written about each so I doubt you'll have much trouble in finding the resources that you'll need. As for the post, it was concise and clear so I'll give you that. It is a bit blunt though and I would like to see more personal detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I could give you some of the resources that I got from my class at St. Paul's if you would like to use any of them. I am really interested to see what topic you choose and your take on medical ethics.

    ReplyDelete