Monday, March 9, 2015

Stem Cell Research

For my first book, I read most of The Stem Cell Divide: The Facts, the Fiction, and the Fear Driving the Greatest Scientific, Political, and Religious Debate of Our Time by Michael Bellomo. I decided to specify my topic to just stem cell research and all the controversy surrounding the topic. This book is non-fiction and basically outlines the facts associated with stem cell research. It also contains interviews with various scientists that are very experienced in the stem cell field. It is basically an overview of stem cells and explains what it is and why there is so much debate about the topic. The author didn't provide his opinion on the topic.

This book will be a good baseline for my research paper and I will use the facts and information provided by the book in order to form an opinion on the topic.

I plan on reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot for my next book, another non-fiction book about a woman named Henrietta Lacks who's cancerous tissue was taken without consent and used for stem cell research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment